Jio Portability Process – Reliance Jio has shaked the telecom market with its awesome offer to the users i.e. unlimited internet and calling. Now there is no need to buy a new jio sim as you can simply port to jio network without changing your mobile number. Yes, you heard it right. Now porting to Jio network is possible. In this article, we will guide you step by step about jio portability process or how to port to jio.
Steps to port to jio are very simple and you can port to jio from any other network i.e. airtel, docomo, vodafone and avail amazing service of Jio network.
As per Mukesh Ambani announcement jio welcome offer has been extended till 31st March and the name of the Jio welcome offer has been changed to Jio new year offer. So, you can port to Jio network and use Jio new year offer till 31st March 2017.
Before proceeding further i am going to tell you the features or offers you will get for porting to Jio network which are not available with your existing operator.
Jio Offers After Port :-
1) First for all the main reason every one wants to port to jio network is Jio welcome offer which is now known as Jio new year offer. As you already knew, you will get unlimited 4G internet, unlimited calling, unlimited SMS and free subscription to Jio apps.
2) No roaming charges – On jio network, you will not be charged anything if you roam within India.
3) No blackout days – Blackout days are those days on which your calling packs or SMS works won’t work like your packs won’t work on Diwali, Holi etc. You don’t need to worry about your calling or SMS packs on festivals day as there are no blackout days in Jio network.
4) Student’s benefits – Jio network is offering 25% extra benefits for students.
These are the offers that Jio will offer to every users.
Now, you must be excited to port to Jio network and want to know the right Jio portability procedure to port to jio. So, i am not going to wait your precious time. Simply follow the steps below to port to jio network.
How To Port To Jio Using Jio Portability Process :-
Firstly, i am going to tell you about the things you need for Jio MNP. The requirement for portability process are :-
Requirement For Jio Portability :-
- 4G enabled smartphone
- Mobile Number
- Copy of ID proof i.e. aadhaar card
- 2 passport size photos
How To Port To Jio Network :-
1) Type – “PORT <space> Your_mobile_number” and send it to “1900”
2) Wait for few seconds, you will get a message from 1901 for verifying the request and you will get your unique port code within few minutes.
3) Until you received your unique port code, you should generate a bar code using your smartphone in order to get Jio sim.
4) Download MyJio app From here and open it.
5) Select your state and city and click on “Get Jio Sim”
6) Enter your name, mobile number and click on “Generate OTP”
7) Verify your mobile number via OTP
8) That’s it. You have successfully generated bar code. Simply take a screenshot of the bar code.
9) Once you received your unique port code (UPC), simply go to your nearest Reliance Digital Store with your documents i.e. 2 passport size photos and one xerox of your aadhaar card and bar code that you have generated before.
10) Show the unique port code and bar code to them.
11) That’s it. You will get Jio sim instantly.
12) Now simply keep using your previous sim for few days.
13) Once your existing sim stopped working then insert Jio sim in your device
14) That’s it. Your Jio sim will be activated and now you need to tele verify your jio mobile number. To tele-verify jio sim follow the steps below.
How To Tele-Verify Jio Number :-
1) After getting your jio sim, you need to tele-verify your mobile number to activate it.
2) Dial “1977” from your smartphone
3) After call is connected, you will be asked to enter last 4 digits of your aadhaar card number
4) Type last 4 digits and wait for few seconds
5) You will hear that activation of jio sim is successful and call will be disconnected automatically.
That’s it. You have successfully tele-verified your jio number.
If you device doesn’t support VoLTE then you must check out this article and enable voLTE in 4G smartphone.
Hope you have successfully port to jio network using Jio portability process. Enjoy 🙂
Having any queries ? Feel free to comment below.
Don’t read it alone. Share it with all.
Tags :- how to port to Jio, Jio MNP, jio portability process, Jio mobile number portability.